Wednesday, 17 March 2010

5x4

I have decided that I am going to use the 5x4 camera to shoot my portraits on for my final project. Yesterday Vinnie spent an hour with me before lunch showing me the ins and outs of the camera and all its functions and then let me play about with it for an hour over lunch so i got a feel for it. The last hour of the day I got to shoot two portraits of a friend with the camera on transparency film.

I really enjoyed the whole process of shooting. I realized that you have to slow right down in order to get the shot. Everything needs to be absolutely perfect otherwise your wasting the shot and the film. I also spent about half an hour putting film in and out of the dark slide getting the feel of it inside the dark bag.

The overall process i found very simple but everything needs to be perfect. It may sound simple but everything needs triple checked. I am looking forward to shooting properly with this camera as I believe I can produce some great portrait images with the kit. I also feel that I personally get more out of it because I have put a lot more work, time and effort into creating the shot just for that split second the shutter is open.

No comments: